Our old website was getting, well, old, and we wanted to to bring some new features to it that just weren't possible, so, we had a new one built!
The new site includes.
- A new blog, with all of the posts from this one, (we're now calling it Homestead Journal)
- A news page where you can stay in the know about events, sales & newly available or upcoming products!
- The product pages now include more information, such as the ability to preview all the tracks from our CDs. (were really excited about that!)
- A new site wide search, so you can find exactly what your looking for.
- There is now a page with all of our YouTube tips videos conveniently in one place!
And one more thing. We now have a page were YOU can submit your homesteading hints for our readers to enjoy!
Well we hope you will all find something to enjoy on the new site and we'll see you there in our next blog post.
Blessings from the west ladies at Homestead Blessings.
Well, it's fall on the farm and the chores have changed with the season and the lesser day light has us rising earlier and going to "roost" earlier too. In the early mornings before the sun has come up over the ridge and the air is still crisp and frosty, I go out to gather kindling from the woodshed, the smell of hickory wood smoke and the sounds of farm around me- wild turkeys gobbling in the woods and the horses neighing at me from the barn and pastures- I love this time of the morning.
Mama has kept busy these past months drawing and re-drawing the Homestead Blessings Coloring Book. Every page is hand sketched and is a work of homesteading art- each drawing reflecting our life on the homestead and many drawings are memories and have stories behind them. We are very excited about it being finished and available now, just in time for the holiday gift giving season.
You did a beautiful job, Mom!
Earlier this fall we spent some time on the back roads up on the ridge tops gathering wild muskadine and fox grapes.
We made quite a few jars of jelly from these gatherings.
The Homestead Blessings Coloring Book is one-of-kind with 40 pages of original art by Vicki West. It is our hope that this beautifully hand sketched coloring book will inspire and encourage children of all ages in family farming and homesteading life. So, grab your crayons and color pencils and join in the art of creating a homestead on your coloring page!
Available HERE the first part of november, just in time for your holiday shopping!